Hey guys, we’re keeping on theme with the lighter, more summery recipes today. Today I’m making a mango chia pudding. Now, I know I’ve done a couple of chia breakfast recipes before but I don’t think I’ve ever made one with mango.
This recipe is made in two stages, each one taking less than 5 minutes. There’s an overnight version, which you could eat alone if you just wanted to grab something and go in the morning, or there’s another version with a fresh mango puree swirled in. I think the addition of the second part adds a nice sweetness to the recipe, which for me removed the need for syrup.
With no additional or refined sugar, this recipe is super healthy. There’s 100% of your daily omega 3 and vitamin K as well as a healthy dose of vitamin C.
This recipe is gluten free, soy free, dairy free and vegan.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Chill time: at least 4 hours, preferably overnight
- 2tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup almond milk
- 75g mango
- Additional 75g mango
- Chop the mango into small pieces, as if you were dicing an onion.
- Mix the chopped mango, almond milk and chia seeds into a jar or bowl and stir thoroughly to combine. Make sure chia seeds aren’t sticking to the bottom of the container.
- Cover/ place lid on container and put in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, add the additional mango to a blender until it becomes a smooth puree.
- Add overnight pudding to a bowl then swirl the puree through the mixture.
- Serve with additional fresh fruit and nuts or granola.
Are you a fan of quick overnight breakfasts? What’s your favourite fruity breakfast idea?