Hey everyone, as you already know, I’m trying to eat nothing but whole foods this month. As I result, I’ve been trying to come up with a few more snack ideas. As I’ve previously said, I can still eat Nakd bars, but I don’t want to get bored of them either. So, today I’m creating little energy balls. Nakd bar inspired (ish) but different enough to be a nice alternative.
I’ve used dates and almonds, so the recipe is naturally sweet. If this isn’t enough to give you your sweet fix, I’ve also thrown in a chocolate coated option. If you use chocolate with a high cocoa percentage, they’re still quite healthy as you’ll only be using a small amount.
I’ve included the nutritional information below for the recipe without the chocolate.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, soy free and dairy free.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 200g pitted dates
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- ½ cup raw almonds
- A scoop chocolate flavour vegan protein
- 1tsp orange oil
- 1tbsp almond butter
- 1tbsp chia seeds
If you’re using chocolate you’ll need roughly 10g per energy ball
- Place all ingredients other than the chocolate into a food processor and pulse for 1 minute until ingredients are fully combined. They should be slightly sticky and easy to mould.
- Once combined, take a tbsp and mould into balls with your hands, they should be roughly the size of golf balls.
- If you’re making chocolate coated ones, melt the required amount of chocolate in a microwave for about a minute, checking every 20 seconds.
- When chocolate is melted, remove from microwave and leave to cool foe a couple of minutes. The chocolate shouldn’t be too runny when you coat the balls. As it’s starting to firm, roll balls in the melted chocolate, making sure they’re fully coated then leave on a plate/ baking tray in the fridge to set.
Until next time,