Hey everyone, you may have noticed that the sun is shining once again here in the UK, and with that my appetite has disappeared. Not ideal when you’re creating a new recipe each day. Today’s recipe is as fresh as it gets, zesty and fruity, a perfect blend between sweet and sour and full of micronutrients. You can make a big batch of this summer salad as a side for a party or barbecue or a single serving as a meal in its own right.
I think the addition of the chickpeas rounds it off perfectly as a meal, but you could skip those to serve it as a side. without the chickpeas this recipe is also completely raw so involves minimal prep time.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free and vegan.
- 100g curly kale, chopped and massaged
- 40g rocket
- Half a red pepper, chopped
- 30g cashew nuts
- 75g mango chunks
- 40g pomegranate seeds
- ½ can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Black pepper to taste
- An eighth cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- An eighth cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- Preheat oven to 200°c
- Coat chickpeas with chilli, garlic and pepper and add to a baking tray. Place in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until chickpeas are golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, chop and prepare all of your raw ingredients and mix in a large bowl.
- When chickpeas are ready, add to the bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small dish and stir before pouring over salad.
What are your favourite salad ingredients or dressings? Do you like fruit in salads?
I hope you’re all having a great bank holiday weekend and enjoying the sunshine.
To catch up with my other #RecipeADayMay posts, click here.