This blog is all about what’s good for your skin, both in how you nourish your body and how you look after your face. These are neither good for your skin or overall health. However, in looking after your physical health, you also need balance to look after your mental health. And every now and again you just need a brownie. These ‘After Eight’ vegan brownies are quick, deliciously gooey and make the perfect Sunday bake.
This recipe is vegan, nut free (optional depending on milk choice) and soy free.
- 170g self raising flour
- 170g light brown sugar
- 1 cup dairy free milk (I used sweetened almond)
- 4tbsp sunflower oil
- 3tbsp raw cacao
- 100g dark peppermint chocolate
- 10 vegan mint thins (I used Tesco own brand)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line an oven friendly baking dish.
- Melt your chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Sieve your flour and raw cacao to ensure a smooth mixture. Once done, stir in the sugar until dry ingredients are fully combined.
- Now stir in the melted chocolate, oil, vanilla and milk until fully combined. Mixture should be quite thick.
- Now pour approximately two thirds of your mixture into your lined baking dish.
- Then place mint thins over this layer. It should take about 8-10 to cover the bottom layer.
- Pour the remaining mixture into over the top of the mint thin layer.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- When brownies are cooked, allow them to cool and set for at least 5 minutes then slice into twelve pieces.
I opted not to include nutritional information on this one because well, everyone deserves a treat and no one should be stressing about macros. If you’d prefer a a healthier sweet option, check out my last recipe post here.