Hey guys, today’s recipe is perfect for summer evenings or meal prep. I don’t know about you, but I really struggle to know what to eat when it’s warm outside. I lose my appetite, nothing seems appealing and I have very little desire to cook. Salads are great, but it gets a little dull when you’re eating them every single day for a month or longer…
Can anyone remember the last time they saw rain? I certainly can’t.
This bowl takes 15-20 minutes from fridge to plate and is full of fresh goodness. I chose really simple seasonings because firstly, I don’t want to spend much time thinking about food right now. Secondly, the freshness of the lemon with the greens is amazing and I didn’t want to ruin that.
I wanted to include a lot of fresh greens to boost the nutrient density of the bowl as I’m absolutely certain mine have dropped lately with my decreased appetite.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, nut free and dairy free. It does contain soy.
- 200g fresh kale
- 1 cup edamame (fresh or frozen)
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- Any additional greens you’d like – I added a Sainsbury’s Green Medley pack to bulk up my bowl a bit.
- ½ tsp garlic pepper seasoning
- Few sprays of olive oil
- 100g quinoa
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, diced (optional)
- Juice of one lemon
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions, using vegetable stock rather than water and adding garlic and chilli flakes to the pan as it cooks.
- 10 minutes before your quinoa is due to be ready, place a wok on medium heat with a few sprays of fry spray.
- Once the pan is up to temperature, add the broccoli to the pan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add all remaining vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes, continuing to stir when necessary.
- Add quinoa and vegetables to your bowl/ plate then add lemon juice.
Serve and enjoy!
What have you guys been eating in the heat?
Until next time,
To view more dinner recipes, click here.