Hey guys, today I’m back with another recipe and this one is me trying to recreate a quinoa salad I picked up in Marks and Spencer last week. As someone on a vegan diet in a slightly less than metropolitan town, I find myself in the M&S foodhall quite a bit, it’s one of the only places I’m guaranteed to find something I can eat on the go. They usually have a great range of salads, and the one I picked up last week was full of nuts, edamame beans and quinoa with a soy and ginger dressing. It was delicious, and I thought I’d do my best at making my own version at home.
I’ve changed a few things, and I didn’t check the ingredients so I’m not 100% sure how similar my dressing is, but I think I did a fairly good job. With it having nuts, edamame and quinoa, it’s a really filling dish and I think this would make a great meal prep option as well. You can eat this hot or cold, the ones in the fridges in M&S are obviously cold, but I served mine with freshly cooked quinoa so it was still warm.
They served theirs with pistachio and peanuts. I switched the peanuts for almonds, because almonds are superior in every way and kept the pistachios in.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 100g dry quinoa
- ½ cup frozen edamame
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 30g almonds
- 30g pistachios
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp tamari
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Juice of a lime
- Cook your quinoa in a small saucepan, as per packet instructions.
- While quinoa is cooking, mix your tamari, ginger, oil and lime juice to a small dish and stir thoroughly until completely combined.
- Approximately 5 minutes before the quinoa is cooked, add the frozen edamame to the pan and cook alongside the quinoa.
- When quinoa is fully cooked and fluffy, remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in carrot and nuts before adding dressing and serving.
Serve and enjoy!
Do you have somewhere you seem to end up all the time when you need lunch in a hurry? Let me know if you like the sound of this salad!
Until next time,
To view my latest summer recipes, click here.