Hey guys, after the amount of cake consumed this week, I’m sure it will come as no surprise that I’m wanting to keep things a little healthier today. These are super simple no bake granola bars, reasonably healthy but still a nice sweet snack. They can be ready in less than 25 minutes too, with very little prep time.
I’m also making these with the London Marathon on in the background. If that doesn’t inspire you to make something slightly healthy, I’m not too sure what will.
I love granola bars as a perfect little mid-afternoon snack and they’re a great treat when you want a little sugar hit but are trying to eat healthier.
- Approx. 200g pitted dates (deglat noor or medjool)
- 1 ½ cups oats (GF if necessary)
- 100g almonds – I used toasted flaked but you could use whole or chopped too
- 2 heaped tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup liquid sweetener (any syrup will work or honey if not vegan)
- ¼ cup smooth, unsalted almond butter (I like Meridian)
- 50g chopped dark chocolate/ choc chips
- Process dates in a food processor until only a few small bits remain, it should form a dough like ball in the food processor.
- Add the dates and all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl. Stir gently to break up the date ball slightly.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, combine the nut butter and syrup. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Once combined, add the mixture to the mixing bowl and mix until the date ball has fully broken down and mixture is sticky.
- Add mixture to a baking dish. It will come out easier if the dish is lined but that’s not essential. Flaten mixture out until it’s smooth.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to set them.
- After that remove from freezer and cut into either 8 bars or 16 bite sized pieces.
- Store in a cool, dry place. If you’re in a warmer climate, you may want to store these in the fridge to help them last longer.
I told you they were easy to make! Quick and reasonably healthy too. What’s not to love? As always, if you make these, I’d love to know so use the #glowsteadyeats.
Until next time,
This post contains affiliate links