Hey guys, today’s recipe is totally off in terms of seasons. I should be making salads, smoothies and or a DIY lolly today. Instead, all I’m craving is something with peanut butter. So, that’s exactly what we’re making. I decided to go with nutty cookies today as I liked the idea of a firm base with a range of textures on top.
The cookies themselves are only four ingredients, so the total recipe could not be easier to make. And they contain simple ingredients that a lot of you will probably already have in your cupboards. This recipe is a simple cookie, topped with a thick layer of chilled peanut butter, a drizzle of melted chocolate and a final touch of a Livia’s Kitchen Raw Cookie Dough Nugglet. Also, if you haven’t tried those Nugglets, get yourself to a supermarket right now. They’re everything you’ve ever wanted in a bite-sized treat.
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free and vegan. It does contain nuts and soy.
Serves 4-8 depending on cookie size
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
- 110g almond flour
- 50g maple syrup
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Approximately 80g peanut butter
- 50g dark chocolate
- One bag of Raw Cookie Dough Nugglets (optional, but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 175°c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the peanut butter in the fridge to chill while the cookies are baking.
- Sieve almond flour and baking powder into medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Depending on the size of the cookies you want, either use a teaspoon or tablespoon and drop a small amount of dough onto baking tray. Use the back of a fork to smooth the top/ edges.
- Place on the top shelf of the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Once removed from oven, leave to one side to completely cool before proceeding with the next steps.
- Using a knife, spread a thick layer of chilled peanut butter over the top of the biscuits. Then melt the dark chocolate and proceed to drizzle a light layer of chocolate over the cookies using a fork.
- Finally, top with one of the Livia’s Kitchen Nugglets before placing back in the fridge. They need to be stored in a chilled environment to prevent the toppings from melting.
Serve and enjoy!
Have you tried the Livia’s Kitchen Nugglets yet? I can’t get enough of them right now. This isn’t an ad, I just get really excited when I find good vegan chocolate…
To view my other sweet treats click here.
This post contains affiliate links.